Sunday, August 23, 2009

Sour Cream Lemon Pie

Being a lover of Lemon Meringue pie, this recipe caught my attention several years ago. It was delicious! I recently had a friend tell me they saw my recipe in the Hershey cookbook and their family was a little skeptical of the sour cream in the recipe. Then she made it and her family loved it too! Give it a try and I bet you will find it a delicious way to end a meal. You could probably substitute a graham cracker crust so you could avoid turning on the oven to bake the crust. I'm planning on trying it as a parfait with no crust at all.


Sour Cream Lemon Pie

1 c. sugar

3 1/2 T. cornstarch

3 egg yolks, beaten

1 T. grated lemon peel

1/2 c. fresh lemon juice

1 c. milk

1/4 c. butter

1 c. sour cream

1 baked pie shell

1/2 pint whipping cream, whipped

Mix sugar, cornstarch, egg yolks, lemon peel and juice, and milk in a heavy saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thick. Add butter and stir until butter is melted and blended. Let cool to room temperature and then blend in the sour cream. Spread in the pie shell and top with whipped cream. Store in refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment