Monday, July 6, 2009

Cajun Caviar

I actually have to give my niece credit for this one. It's as much a salad as a dip. I saw a variation of this salad that added some fresh green pepper for some more crunch and color. I think I will add that next time I make it. Erica made this for a family party and it was such a winner. I've shared the recipe at work so it has made its way to several other family gatherings. I've also made it using the Good Seasons Italian dressing mix prepared with canola or olive oil. I like to use Tostitos or Fritos scoops when I serve this. Enjoy!


Cajun Caviar
1 can black eyed peas
1 can black beans
Rinse and combine and then add:
1 small can green chiles, diced
1 small Can black olives, chopped
1 can shoe peg corn
5 green onions, chopped
1 sm. Kraft Italian dressing

Mix and chill for at least overnight so the flavors can marry. Serve with tortilla chips.

1 comment: